Thumbs up Gesture
The thumbs up gesture can be used to cheer other players, or simply as an extra level of expression.
To do a thumbs up, pull the trigger on your controller to make a fist, and then hold your hand in front of you horizontally, after a short period of time you will do a thumbs up gesture.
- You can also do a thumbs down gesture by just doing the gesture upside down. This won't open the cheers menu for obvious reasons!
- On Oculus controllers and the Valve Index Controllers, you have to actually do a thumbs up by lifting your thumb up. We use the capacitive buttons to detect this!
The point gesture can be used to select a player and open their profile or can be used to say "Hey, look at that!". The point gesture can also be used to open the Expresso menu. You do this by holding the point button and eventually the expresso menu will appear. Simply move your hand to move around the menus.
You can activate the pointing gesture by using:
- PSVR: Square or Triangle (both hands)
- Oculus: Y (left hand) and B (right hand)
- Vive Wands: Menu button (both hands)
- WMR: Menu button (both hands)
- Index: B button (both hands)
To see a full list of all VR controller bindings, see this page.
Share Cam Gesture
The share cam gesture can be used to take a quick pic without having to bring out your camera. To use the share cam gesture, bring both of your hands in front of your face and hold them parallel to each other, once you see a camera icon pull the trigger and you will instantly take a picture. You are able to disable this gesture in settings.