If you're not hearing anyone else either, then the most likely answer is that your account is a junior account. You can check this by going to your watch menu > Settings > Audio. If you are on a junior account, you will see a message saying so.
If you're not on a junior account, first check that your microphone is set to "On" in your watch menu > Settings > Audio > Microphone. You should see the sound meter reflect what Rec Room is hearing from your mic. If it still shows nothing when you speak, check the platform-specific sections below for some troubleshooting tips.
- Make sure your microphone is turned up on your PS4 in Settings > Devices > Audio Devices > Adjust Microphone Level
- Try fully restarting your PS4
- Try these steps from Sony support
- Ensure that in your Windows recording devices (right click the speaker icon at the bottom right of the desktop > select Sounds or Recording devices), your headset microphone is set to be the default device for recording and communication. Ensure all other microphones are disabled (right click > disable)
- You must restart Rec Room after changing the default device in order for the change to take effect.
- Make sure your headset is set as the preferred audio input in your Oculus Home or SteamVR settings
Oculus Home - gear icon at the top right > Settings > Devices > Rift headset > Audio Input in VR should be set to Rift microphone and the transmit volume should be up.
SteamVR - in the small status window click the small downward arrow next to the 'Steam VR' text > Settings > Audio > ensure your 'Set Record Device to' dropdown is set to your headset microphone.
Ensure your Windows privacy settings have your microphone enabled. Windows>privacy>microphone and "allow apps to access microphone".
- To ensure that your microphone isn't broken, try listening to the device.
- Right click the speaker icon at the bottom right of the desktop > Recording devices > find and right click your chosen mic (make sure its enabled) > properties > listen tab > check the 'listen to this device' box > hit apply. If you can't hear yourself through the selected playback device, the microphone itself might be broken.