There's a variety of reasons you can be "kicked back" to the Dorm Room. You'll usually get a message on your watch telling you why you were sent back.
Reasons you may have been kicked to your dorm
- Connection interrupted (usually -1, -2, -3, or -4): Something in your connection to the internet or with our servers specifically failed. No penalty.
- Server invalid requests/responses (usually Code 1040/1050): Something is messing with messages between the client and our servers. No penalty.
- AFK (kicked for inactivity): When you have been inactive for some time, you'll be kicked from games. No penalty.
- If this is happening to you while you're playing in VR, it's likely being caused by a faulty presence sensors in the headset or a niche SteamVR issue. Submit a support ticket and we'll help you out.
- Kicked by other people. There was a majority vote to kick you from the room. You are given the reason you were kicked as well. If you believe you were kicked in error, submit a conduct ticket and we'll take a look.
VR Specific Reasons
- Kicked because the game was ""unable to track your VR headset". This is usually caused by moving faster than humanly possible. If this happens to you frequently in normal situations, submit a support ticket and we'll look into it.
- Kicked because you were "outside of playspace boundary". This usually means you're using a playspace mover or so to move around. We recommend to keep your use of this plugin light to prevent this. Please remember that using the playspace mover anywhere that isn't a hangout/social area is bannable. Otherwise, in the rare case you just have a large playspace and encountered this error, do let us know if this error is an issue for you by sending us a support ticket.
- Kicked because you were "inactive". This error should not be happening while you're wearing your VR headset. If this is happening to you while you're playing in VR, it's likely being caused by a faulty proximity sensor in the headset or a niche SteamVR issue. Submit a support ticket and we'll help you out.
Were you kicked for another reason not listed here? Submit a support ticket and we'll add it to this list, as well as provide assistance with your issue.