Steam "Corrupt Content Files" Issue
If you're getting an error from Steam that says "corrupt content files," here's a few things you can try:
- Verify your game cache.
- Right click Rec Room in your Steam Library, go to the Local Files tab, and click "Verify Integrity of Game Files." Then try to launch the game.
- This could be the result of your anti-virus software quarantining game files. To test if this is the case:
- Temporarily disable your anti-virus.
- Re-install the game by right clicking Rec Room in your Steam Library and selecting "Delete Local Content." Then re-download the game and attempt to launch it.
- Run Steam in Administrator Mode
Other solutions players have found to this Steam issue: