Error -1 and -2 - Connection Trouble with Rec Room Servers
Usually these errors mean that the connection to our servers has been interrupted. This can be due to a firewall or antivirus restricting traffic to and from the app (usually this is fixed by adding an exception for Rec Room) or by packet loss/spotty connections.
- Do you have a firewall, anti virus, or network filter enabled?
- Add an exception for Rec Room
- Google 'how to add an exception on *name of your firewall/anti-virus/network filter*' for instructions
- Run this dropped packets, ping, and jitter test: https://freeola.com/line-test/
- If you have ANY amount of dropped packets, ping over 200ms, or jitter of over 15ms this may be causing your connection issues and you should contact your internet service provider or check your modem or router hardware
- Are you connecting from a school / corporate environment which blocks certain sites?
- Contact the network admin
- Where are you located in the world? (some regions have persistent connection issues with our servers)
- Known issue locations: Iran
- No current solution
- Other things to try
- Disable any VPN services or network filter / routing
- Make sure this is not a global issue with your connection by playing other VR multiplayer games and seeing if you experience the same issues
If none of the above items help, you can download our connection test package, run it, and submit a support ticket with the output attached.